another idea for figs

Madgardener and all other fig growers,

I just ran across a jar of Fig and Cranberry Preserves in the grocery store. I don't have a recipe, but I would assume that a fig jam recipe could be modified with cranberries added in. Sounded like a good combination to me...and you could spread it on a leftover turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving! (For those who eat winged creatures...), or spread it on crackers w/ cheese like a chutney.

I wonder how figs would taste in a salsa?

Well, not sure if you still have figs, but thought I'd toss those out!

Heidi

Reply to
Heidi

Anyone growing figs in the desert SWest? Varieties?

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Heidi wrote in news:R3eqb.56693$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

that sounds interesting! I still have a few. The ones I spot up in the upper branch tips are droopy and so sweet they're unreal The rest I will let drop as it's too far in the season to get a good ripening. But those five I picked the other day were a special treat. Fig preserves. I'll have to look up a receipe for next year. I'm not pruning the tree this year in hopes that this was the reason I had a whole lot more than I ever had in the past. Thanks for thinking of us! madgardener

Reply to
Madgardener