idea for madgardener

I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought. Perhaps you are already doing that. Deb :-)

Reply to
thistletoes

thistletoes expounded:

She is already working on using the library computer. Since her posts have stopped I'm assuming she's been cut off - I'm going to call her in the morning to check on her.

Reply to
Ann

I tried that today - nothing is connected. I will keep trying. She will let us know when things are connected again or if she has gained access somewhere. I hope.

gloria in hemlock hollow

Reply to
gldancer

gldancer expounded:

Hmmm, no phone? I thought it was just the internet part. I'll let you know if I get through.

Reply to
Ann

The message from Ann contains these words:

Telepathy or carrier pigeon? :-)

Didn't she say the phone service is being disconnected?

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Janet Baraclough expounded:

I misunderstood what she'd said. They had separate lines coming into the house for phone and internet, I thought just the internet lines were being disconnected. I didn't realize all lines were going - they weren't with the same company when I was down there visiting a few years ago, John had business lines she was using.

Reply to
Ann

Maddie is using the library computer but has no USENET access.

Reply to
Travis

she can get to usenet thru google.

just type in google "rec.gardens google groups"

she has to sign >thistletoes wrote:

Reply to
dr-solo