I Heard From Madgardener!

Hi, all! I talked to Madgardener last night. She is doing fine, just got her telephone again and will be getting her computer up soon. Just thought I'd let you know. She will soon be back here! Yay!!!

gloria in soggy hemlock hollow (only the iguanas know for sure)

Reply to
gldancer

Thanks so much Gloria.

Reply to
betsyb

gldancer expounded:

Gloria, not the same number, right? Could you e-mail it to me? annbal at comcast dot net (don't hit reply, I never check this e-mail address). I've got the home and cell, but of course neither one works, she must have a new number.

Reply to
Ann

I'll delurk to second the "Yay!". I don't pass through here as often as I'd like- and must skim too fast to have noticed why she's absent--- but looking forward to a 'catch-up from fairie hollow'.

Good on ye, Mad.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Latest from Maddie, forwarded from email:

I wanted to give my gardening neighbors an update on the doing's on Faerie Holler. I will not include the drama's of some day ex-squire, or of bungilng inconsiderate son's, the descriptions speak volume's. Instead, I will give you a few rare garden moments to share. It's been HOT and HUMID, reminding me FINALLY of what August really is in Eastern Tennessee (Tennessee, actually, summers meant sweating, sticking to sheets and fans blowing air across bodies in the late evenings). I have had hummingbird encounters, faerie fliers in colors of magnificence and wings of gossimer and electric patterns. the saved phlox that I rescued on the side of the road years back is STILL blooming, but now it's shoved and poked itself up through the branches of the white minature buddelia that Ethyl gave me a few years ago. It took time for it to come into itself this year, but finally it set a plethra of cones and promises of flower buds that are opening and taunting the flutterby's and hummers. Swamp sunflowers are settin' buds and will soon overwhelm me with gigantic coreopsis like flowers that will feed every finch from here to Knoxville. and the Herbesonne Rudbeckia has thrown her seeds that the finches didn't knosch them to the corners and obscure spots and are flopping about like lazy teenagers in tye-dyed tee shirts. Screaming yellows with droopy petals, I adore them, always trying to share them with people all the time. Blooming right now that makes me humble and sing praises of it despite it's voraciousness of spread, the purple loosestrife is cranking out more and more spires of hot pirkle flowers. Blue Enigma salvia is now being pinched by my thumbnail (I keep forgetting the pruners in me pocket) and is doubling up bloom spikes to wow the hummer, and the

4's.........TWO kinds of magenta. I am frantically saving the two different colors to share with anyone who wants. I can't describe the colors of this magenta. I will post the pictures when I get back online and can get to binaries.... the hummer has accepted me now and criticises me (excuse the spelling, please) as I stand like a pudgy little hippie faerie amidst the towering 4's on either side of the sidewalk. He comes, clothed in his bright green Las Vegas sports jacket, supping and chirking his pleasure of the blue trumpets that he sips and sups and squeeks with delight. Then swoops and grabs up some miniscule protein fliers for a snack and darts back to the trumpets of the 4's on the cloudy days. I stood stock still, snapping pictures of him as best I could and he came within 6 inches of me and gave me shit for being in HIS gardens........ the Zebrina's have seeded in the grassy strip in the shared driveway. Anyone want seeds?? I have two kinds that came naturally despite deliberately growing Blibo Felhur (didn't come back, but my Zebrina sisters threw a mutant child........) One Viburnum is blowing my mind with promises of some blue berries held up towards the sun, will finish the later maddie up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking a sticky English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36

(end quote)

Reply to
Janet Baraclough