a level product design questionnaire

This is just a quick questionnaire about a solar powered watering system i am hoping to make. please just write your answers in posts. thank you for your time.

  1. Would you consider purchasing a solar powered watering system for the garden?

Yes No

  1. What size is your garden?

4m2 5m2-10m2 11m2-15m2 15m2+

  1. How often do you water the garden?

Everyday Every other day Twice a week

Once a week Never

  1. Would you like the system to be modular (you can add on extra parts when you need to)?

Yes No

  1. How much would you be willing to pay for the product?
£20-30 £31-40 £41-50 £50+

  1. Would you like it to blend in with the garden or stand out?

Blend in Stand out

  1. Would you like the system to water automatically at certain times of the day?

Yes No

  1. How old are you?

20 21-30 31-40 41-60 61-70 70+

Reply to
Kaiser fuel

No. I notice that you are not at all interested in my reason why. Odd.

Much bigger

When it is necessary, which is not some particular time interval.

Watering systems are already extensible, why would you not have that feature?

$0 since I have no idea what the capabilities of the system are.

In what part of the world are watering systems a fashion statement? Are you harbouring a fetish for black polypipe? A warning: polypipe doesn't carry water when it is kinky.

No, that presupposes the garden needs watering.

Too old to have much patience with such a silly survey.

You haven't mentioned any reason why one might want a solar powered watering system. Consider where water comes from. For city dwellers in developed countries (most readers here) it comes out of a tap at enough pressure to be delivered through a passive watering system. So that means a high proportion (my guess 90%) of readers have no need for your product.

For others water comes from a well, dam, tank, or a natural body of water. Such people probably have pumping and delivery systems to get the water to the garden but they might be interested in using solar energy to power the pump. Why would they do that? Well, it _might_ be cheaper or more sustainable, or be available where there is no electricity. Would your system suit any of them? From your description there is no way of knowing. So who are you going to get interested in this? I don't know.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

From these results I can deduce that the majority of the people surveyed were miserable gits who enjoy taking time to crush the dreams of aspiring product designers. This will influence my product greatly and it was very useful to future product development of the product. *NOT*

Reply to
Kaiser fuel

I understand you feel bad being told your baby is ugly - get used to it - if you are going to expect agreement with your pre-conceived ideas you are going to get that a lot. If you are immune to learning something from a person who actually waters large gardens in a demanding environment and has built watering systems then this product doesn't have any future to develop.

For example Q3 shows you don't understand at least one basic concept of watering. Why would that information not influence you?

The smart thing would be to engage with those who criticise and revise your thinking accordingly not complain because their feedback doesn't match your dream. You can take your bat and ball and go home or remove the blinkers and try again. You decide.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

"These results"????? An answer from one person turns into 'these results'???? You certainly are having dreams, but not useful dreams.

Reply to
FarmI

Ditto. I immediatley thought the 'solar powered watering system' might be a solar pump on a dam, but then they aren't at all new or unusual so why would anyone want answers about that existing product already developed. When I read the rest of the questions I lost interest once I saw the tiny sizes of gardens. Anything designed for a garden that tiny wouldn't be of any use to my garden.

Reply to
FarmI

Wow!! very nice questions about the design of product. These questions are very necessary when you are looking for product design.

Reply to
samson smith

Are you joking or a sock puppet? Every question needs improvement, in some cases major improvement.

David Hare-Scott

Thanks for this information, I always used this format.

Reply to
samson smith