Subject Author Posted Replies

best purple (grape) colored annual for sun and heat?
I would like to plant an annual under our front window, which is on the west side. As such, it is getting shaded from the direct sun in the morning until about Noon. Then it gets direct sun until...
6
6

Woodchucks Just Seem To Know
Woodchucks AKA marmots or, more commonly around here, "ground hogs" just know when you're packing a shootin' iron. They present a fat, sassy profile when you're unarmed, but become suspicious when...
4
4

Plant Identification
Hi, Anyone know what this is - picture attached? Wondering whether to dig it out or persevere with it !! Thanks Jon +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: |...
2
2

Help and Advice Please
I'm new to the gardening world. It all looks so easy at the start but i'm having a little trouble and not sure what to do with a few certian things? I got two rose bushes from Dobbies they look lovely...
2
2

Blooming times shifting
Seems to suggest the value of a good garden dairy too. The flowers that bloom in the spring now bloom earlier than in Thoreau’s time. The flowers that bloom in the spring now bloom earlier than in...
4
4

Stinkbug on gardenia
http://i44.tinypic.com/96yntv.jpg

New free online magazine
Hi all Please have a look at our online magazine: about gardening, cooking and Self Sufficiency Thanks for your time...

Making Hedge Thicker By Planting Double Rows
I am building a hedge to the street with Photinia Red Tip. The young plants are not really blocking much of the view. What are the pros and cons if I plant double rows of plants, spacing two feet...
2
2

Plant Nutrients - Bone Meal
Hi Everybody, I recently published an article titled, *Plant Nutrients ? Part 1 ? The Benefits of Bone Meal And Phosphorus For Plumeria Plants And Plants In General*, and thought I share it in this...
1
1

Exposed, coastal, balcony!
Hi all I am a newbie hoping for some assistance. I live on the second floor, facing SW, on the sea front. I have been trying for a couple of years now to grow Aubretia in small window boxes, I have...

Help identifying these 3 plants/weeds
Hi, I am trying to identify these three different plants/weeds. They are all found in a large grassy verge near where I work. I am trying to find out if any are suitable for reptiles, so I need to...
2
2

Topiary plant advice
Hi all. Hope you can give me some advice. I have inherited two gorgeous chimney pots which I have placed either side of my front door. I want to plant something which will look good all year round but...
1
1

gerbera leaf eating pest
Hi. My problem is regarding an pot established gerbera. Some thing is eating and putting holes in the leaves. I have sprayed the soil and the leaves with Bug Clear Ultra, as recommended by local...
1
1

Testing your soil's PH ==>
What is your soils pH? What are the nutrient levels, N, P, K, in your soil?
2
2

I.D. this plant?
Hope Group can Open this: http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii566/giborah/?action=view