Help identifying these 3 plants/weeds

Hi, I am trying to identify these three different plants/weeds. They are all found in a large grassy verge near where I work.

I am trying to find out if any are suitable for reptiles, so I need to know what these plants are so I can find out.

Thank you.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 2012-04-15 15.50.24.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: 2012-04-15 15.50.46.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: 2012-04-15 15.54.13.jpg | |Download:
tomo359

In message , tomo359 writes

Assuming that the plants are growing wild in Britain ...

|Filename: 2012-04-15 15.50.24.jpg | |Download:

|Probably Ranunculus acris (field buttercup); a few Geraniums can look similar in leaf. Buttercups are toxic.

|Filename: 2012-04-15 15.50.46.jpg | |Download:

|Plantago lanceolata (ribwort plantain)

|Filename: 2012-04-15 15.54.13.jpg | |Download:

|Alliaria petiolata (garlic mustard)

But if you want to feed them to reptiles you presumably want to be 110% certain of identification, so you may wish to wait for them to flower.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thank you for your reply. I am glad you said ribwort plantain for the second one as I worked it out to be that as well which is safe for many reptiles. I will still wait until I am completely certain as you said until I use any as feed.

Thanks aga> In message snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk, tomo359

tomo359