Subject Author Posted Replies

Control/kill grasshoppers
Hi, What methods are the best to kill the grasshopper population? I have a tremendous problem with these loathsome creatures. They eat everything I want to stay alive and completely ignore the weeds...

How to keep a pine tree alive
Hi, I have a fledgling pine in my yard that I got to close to with my weed- eater. I accidentally ripped some of the bark off at the ground level. This tree ~6' tall, perhaps 6' 6" (I say fledgling...
9
9

Want to know why the honeybees are dying
Google these two words together Gaucho Honeybee
16
16

How much gravel do you really need to suppress weeds
Especially to keep them from rooting from seeds? Cheryl
13
13

A good pair of days in the garden
Well, it was really only 1 and half. We went in early on Saturday because I was worried about the little one getting overly hot as the temp went up. (boy was she cranky - lots of fluids and some salty...

Car (including Lawn Tractor) Battery FAQ
The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ Web pages have been moved. They are located at The latest version is 7.0, dated May 28, 2007. The FAQ is consumer oriented with answers to questions about lead-acid...

Best anvil pruners?
What are the best and most sturdy anvil style ratchet pruners for a reasonable price?
2
2

Rules of Engagement
1. Engage brain before speaking *or* typing 2. Engage brain before poking the SEND button Apparently I forgot my own rules, RE: Thuricide And likely will continue to do so at times Be careful this...
5
5

Where can I find Thuricide for sale in Boston (kills winter moth caterpillars)
Anyone know where I can buy Thuricide in the Boston area or surrounding suburbs? I have two trees that are getting decimated by winter moth caterpillars and I want to spray at least a portion of the...
5
5

Bang, Bang,Bang...Here's an Article for You Chemical-Heads
Came across this article after watching Joe's debate above and thought it appropriate to my situation and his argument. And yes it is garden related! your damned s**t away from my unborn...
81
81

What's eating my corn plants?
My sweet corn is about 6" tall and something is eating the leaves. It's not an animal, the garden is fenced and there are no tracks in the freshly groomed soil. What insect should I be looking for?...
1
1

Leaning on the Garden Fence
We have a house full of family. Am sneaking a quick look to see what's going on and it appears I am missing some banging. Gotta go. Be back later. Charlie
2
2

Leaf blower and vaccuum on top of roof
Hi: I need some advise as to the lightest leaf vaccuum that I can use in the following situation. I have a courtyard style home - the house itself wraps around a central courtyard with a pool in the...
7
7

Help! Need insect ID on pines and hemlocks.
In the past I've had what I thought were pine saw flies attacking my mugho pine and I've controlled them with a systemic spray. I never did see the adult insect, just the masses of larvae eating the...
2
2

Ivy bed being taken over by weeds
I have a bed of english ivy that used to be quite dense and luxuriant. Over the last few years it has become sparser, and many weeds are intruding. Can anyone suggest what I might do about that? The...
1
1