Subject Author Posted Replies

Kill stump
I am having two large evergreen bushes removed. They were standing on each side of my front walk. I intend to put large decorative pots in their place with appropriate plants. (Suggestions welcome...
15
15

choisya
how hard can i cut back my large choisya sundance it has some winter damage and is looking bare in the midddle and is getting a bit to big aswell
1
1

Succulents
(Omnivoracious) - When my 5-year-old nephew came by my garden last summer, the otherworldly plants snaking out of my patio containers fascinated him. He wanted to feel them, but when I told him they...
3
3

Get an answer to your organic gardening question
Want an answer to your organic gardening question? Just e-mail me the question and I will put it up on my website. . You will get an answers to your mailbox (at most once a day). I will not publish...
5
5

Companion Planting Cauliflower With Cantaloupes ???
I done a little research on the net and found onions to be a good companion to cauliflower. I can't find much beyond that except to keep cauliflower away from tomatoes. I was wondering how cauliflower...
2
2

Propagating crepe myrtle
I want to propagate crepe myrtles from cuttings. I have done the obligatory googling and it seems that it can be done using either hardwood cuttings in winter or softwood cuttings in summer. Is there...
6
6

OT Howard Zinn
I found him in wreck gardens.
1
1

Thumb not-yet green; help
We' have a VERY sunny urban lot which we've cultivated. We're not sure how and when to prune the 2 fruit trees (one Georgia Peach & one Chinese Apricot) and the two vines along the fence (climbing...
2
2

Maple reverted to root stock
I planted a threadleaf maple tree years (decades!) ago. At a certain point, I noticed it was starting to revert to root stock (which is not threadleaf). I never did anything about it and it's way too...
3
3

Asparagus (Bill)
Sounds like your Dad planted his asparagus crowns the right way. My problem is I only have a 4'x12' area to work with for all 35 crowns. With three rows planted in that small area, they would only be...
1
1

Fungus on beech tree
I have a 150ft beech tree in my back garden which has a preservation order on it. however we have recently had the Council officer around who is concerned about the Fungi growing on the base. We are...

Green passion fruit due to freeze
We had a week of freeze in west central Florida near St. Petersburg. Our luxurious passion fruit vine has lost all leaves but we have dozens of green passion fruit still hanging on. What can I do with...

Thanks To ALL For The Welcome:)
I have been researching on the net all winter about the vegetables I want to grow this spring. I have been ask why I'm not going to grow certain vegetables and that's easy to answer. I don't like...

Hello All :)
I'm new here and have been looking for just such a group as this to discuss vegetable gardening. I'm a 61 year young male who lives in central Pennsylvania. Last season I decided to grow some tomato...
8
8

Florist Gloxinia
Hello! I like very much Gloxinias ( Sinningia Speciosa) and i would like to get in touch with people who like Gloxinias.