Thumb not-yet green; help

We' have a VERY sunny urban lot which we've cultivated. We're not sure how and when to prune the 2 fruit trees (one Georgia Peach & one Chinese Apricot) and the two vines along the fence (climbing rose and flowering trumpet Vine)

Thanks to the super sunny location and the excellent soil, all the plants, shrubs and trees are doing well.

Any advice welcomed!

Reply to
jeffrey lohn

Where are you? That is, what is your climate.

If you are in a mild-winter area, prune now. Soon, it will be too late. I finished pruning my peach on 10 January.

If you have snow, wait until it melts and no more killing frost is expected.

Peaches require severe pruning. Apricots can do with somewhat less. Go to a good library or nursery, and look at a book on pruning.

As soon as you finish pruning, use a good dormant spray that contains copper sulfate. That will prevent leaf curl and shot hole diseases.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Reply to
jeffrey lohn