Subject Author Posted Replies

Did he kill bare roots?
I bought 3 bare root roses from reputable source just before 3/4 accident that put me in rehab for 2 months. I sent word to OP to tell gardener to plant them. On return home, observed Zero growth!!!...
2
2

Monkey tree
Have around a 15ft monkey tree at side of house. Looking at it now the branches are brown but tips of branches are green. Don't understand why this has happened as haven't done anything to disrupt...
3
3

smelly invasive grass
I have some invasive grass in my yard. Broad blades and it has an acrid smell when mowed. Anyone know what it might be? thanks so much!
1
1

merry Tiller Major rotorvator
Hi people's. I have a Merry Tiller Major Rotorvator. I've purchased a new foam air filter for it. Question. There is a metal flat steel part inside with lots of holes in it. Should it sit at the...
1
1

Problems removing leaves from gravel?
Hi Garden Banter Members, My name is Ross Whillis and I am a product designer. Recently I have been working on a product which removes leaves from gravel without removing or displacing the gravel. The...
12
12

ID this large shrub / tree
Hi everybody my first post so hope someone can help. My son recently moved house and this beautiful large blue flowering tree is in the garden. I've searched the Internet for blue flowering shrub or...
2
2

Agressive grass in lawn
Hi. I have a patch of very agressive grass spreading into the rest of my lawn. It is rather broad bladed and maybe a bit lighter in color than most grasse s. A specific quality is that it has a...
2
2

yup - is's snowing
... on May 15. Current Radar (Intellicast) | Radar Maps | Weather Underground
3
3

Ever grow more food in your garden than you could use? <<Please read this before 5/15/16>>
is a nationwide (USA) non-profit working to eliminate the waste of locally grown fresh food by connecting home/community gardeners to almost 8,000 food pantries across all 50 states. Last year, we did...

plants for deep shade
Hi was thinking about ferns / grasses but is there anything out there that would bring some summer colour? thanks andy
2
2

Grass recommendation
Need something I can grow from seed, with low maintenance & low water requirements. Most of the yard is shady or part shade. About 1/4 gets sun all day. Have sprinklers - no rain to speak of. Temp in...
2
2

Blue porterweed getting too many ants!
Hi, I love in zone 10. My blue porterweed plant is attracting so many ants. I have sprayed it twice with insecticidal soap (made with neem oil) but th e ants just come back in a couple of hours. The...

Planting a 16ft Leylandi - HELP
Hi I have a very large garden and I have purchased a 16ft Leylandi which is going to be 40 meter away from any building structure. But I dont know how to plant it. I have been reading for hours all...
9
9

Silver Birch
Hi all We recently moved into a new house, we've been informed the tree in the front garden is a silver birch. It seems to be the only tree around still bare, is this normal? Please excuse my...
3
3

Best place for gardening supplies
Hey guys, I'm doing some market research for a garden centre. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could answer a few questions for you to answer, which shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes of your...