Monkey tree

Have around a 15ft monkey tree at side of house. Looking at it now the branches are brown but tips of branches are green. Don't understand why this has happened as haven't done anything to disrupt roots. Noticed great hard lumps of sap out of the trunk really worried and don't know how to treat the tree? It used to look really green and healthy but now it's brown and I'm concerned why it's changed. Any advice on what to do? I'm not an expert on gardening and don't know what to do, came across this web site in the hope of getting some advice. Would like to send a photo of tree but still getting the hang of this web site. Kind regards.

Reply to
Joey

No expert on monkey-puzzle trees since they won't grow in my climate but 'great hard lumps of sap' suggest that there are wounds in the trunk and that suggests insect damage to me (unless you have a neighbour attacking your tree with an ice pick under cover of darkness). If you are truly concerned about the tree's survival and place some value on it then a visit from a real live arborist might be in order.

Reply to
John McGaw

Difficult to say without a photo, I suggest having an arborist with knowlege if these trees have a look.

Brooklyn1

Thanks for advice, Think it might be insect damage, will look to get an expert in.

Reply to
Joey