Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice on lilies please?
Someone else will probably give you a better answer, but to me it depends somewhat on what kind of lilies you have and whether your recipients live in areas where it's too cold to plant them outside...
2
2

Pictures of life in summer
For those who may be interested in some of the things around my place or just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into summer. anybody name the orange/red flower? It is a vigorous...
15
15

Just wanted to thank the folks who responded about small trees
While I have made no final decisions about what is going to anchor my long bed up at the top of my hill, I think all of you gave me an idea on how to handle a different issue in the yard. Many moons...
1
1

Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including...
29
29

Hello from a new tree fern mad member!
Hi Everyone, I have recently joined the forum and look forward to joining in discussions with you all! I have also recently re-launched my website 'Forest Ferns | the encyclopedia of tree ferns' (...

Ground cover for shady area?
Just had a lot of weeds cleared out of an area in back of the yard, which has a lemon tree partially shading it (more or less, depending on season; angle of sun). Would like to plant ground cover...
13
13

ugh
now it's time to say good bye..... to many creeps here these days and yeah I could killfile them but they're not worth my time. Donna
4
4

chrysamthemum
Hi All, we brought a mum from a local store 2yrs ago, in a pot, it flowered then looked like it died, back in the spring the other half planted it in the garden, it has grown to over 6ft tall, and...
3
3

Wildflower Mix For Shady Areas
Hello folks,i got these seeds the other day! 'Suttons: Wildlife Garden, A mixture for shaded and semi-shaded areas seeds' ( the packet doesnt give too much away,it says it contains...
4
4

Greenshutters Tree Nursery Offers Laurel Hedging Plants
November 24, 2010 ? Somerset, United Kingdom ? Green Shutters Nurseries and Plant Centre ? a tree nursery that stocks an extensive range of plants and a broad range of other tree nurseries, shrubs and...

OT: A rose by any other name....
n Are you trying to argue that the former contains truth and the latter needn't? (be careful. Snit... this path is fraught with pitfalls;)
6
6

Privacy
Hi everyone First time post. Got a bit of a problem require privacy in my garden but the boundary fence is my neighbours and is only 3ft high and they dont want to replace it for a higher one. The...
11
11

ID this plant
Came up in one of the rose beds. Didn't pull it out because foliage looked interesting. Anybody recognize? IMG] HB http://i55.tinypic.com/2aafqf5.jpg/IMG]TIA
10
10

Watering Pine Tree on top in Winter
This is my first time in the forum. There are so many knowledgeable and helpful people here, that I thought someone might have the answer to my question. I have a 20 year old pine that is being hit...
16
16

O.T. (What else?) Down in the dirt.
In 1994 a cave was found just north of Marseilles, France in a region known as the Ardech. The pictures and engravings in the cave are of a modern style that uses perspective that wouldn't be seen...
3
3