garage door lights not working - no click when I push the light button

Had issues with our garage door. I cut the wiring at the 2 sensors and wall unit and plugged them in directly to the overhead unit. That part all works fine now so I will order the 22 g wire and replace the entire length. I put a new battery in the remote and that works fine. Once I redid the wires, the wall unit now works fine. The last thing is the overhead light. I tried the bulb in another garage bay and it works. I tried pulling out the side and bottom contacts. I used steel wool to see if there might be some corrosion. No good. Neither light works and I get no click at any time. This is a Craftsman model hbw0777.

Reply to
Kathie