Wind knocked down sweet corn

Another sever thunderstorm last night 3 more inches of rain in NW Ohio. My Sweet corn was knocked flat to the ground it had been doing very well about up to my waist and I'm 6' 3. My question is can it be saved? Some of the stalks were broken so I know those are a lost cause but most were just bent. I've tried pushing them back in rows and tying them with twine, anything more I can do?

Reply to
Sadman

Hill up around the stems with some soil or compost. Maybe give them a foliar feed with seaweed (possibly mixed with fish emulsion).

This year I hilled the corn up a bit and then mulched. So far, no blowdowns.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

No need to do anything. The stalks will stand up on their own within a week though the power of sunshine alone. The bottoms will be curved, but all is not lost.

Reply to
TQ