I'll just respond en masse so to speak
1. Cheryl and Ann and others thanks for your good wishes.
2. I agree that hurricanes/tornados are scarier. I can't imagine
what those winds would be like, 80mph was a horrendous
sound. I haven't experienced either one, but have seen their work
3.Oz happy to hear you survived all those tornados!
4. Ice storms are definitely not fun and really bad news,
5.Billy; glad you survived too. We have been here 25 yrs and
ditto, never seen damage this widespread, and so MANY trees,
down and large branches ripped off. Deodaras are not as big
as redwoods, but can also slice an house in half. Or a full size
Ponderosa/Jeffrey Pine can do it.(Paradise woman's house)
When I am 90 I can say, "why I remember the big one of 07"
6. Dome house: There used to be an old 1970s version here, and
I have seen a newer one, but my memory is not telling me just
where they are. Will have to cruise around and see if I can find them
7. Update: final figure: 120,000 in county w/o power. some still do
have it. We have had workers from ID, MO, and all over helping out.
and some people can do nothing but whine about how slow they were!
3 ash trees at the school will survive, 3 are firewood.Another inch
rain since storm, and Much snow will help to fill reservoirs,