The Storm

To those that are weathering the storm, you are in my prayers. Been there, done that, more times that I care to keep up with.
It appears that the forecasters may have been a bit over cautious with their predictions. We are seeing that strome surges are about 1/2 of what was predicted. Hopefully your high tide will only raise the water another foot or so.
But having said that, any flood waters in your home is about as devastating as 4 or more feet of water.
Good Luck!
On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 8:43:50 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Same from here, hope those folks weather the storm with little damage or in convenience.
I thought of Jim in NC (a poster, here), but he's well away from the bad we ather. Jim's in High Point (Winston-Salem area).
My sister, in Troutman (north of Charlotte) may get a little wind Sunday, b ut likely will get some good rain, softening the soil. One of their issues is the shallow tree root system, not much soil in the hilly areas. Lots of trees fall, even n moderate winds, that topple power lines. A 2016? or 2017? storm, through Lorraine's area, caused power outage for 4 weeks.
We haven't heard from Jim in a while. Hope he's doing ok.
Sonny