Victoria Plum Tree

I have a plum tree planted 3 years ago, this year almost all the leave

died early only one small branch still appears to be alive the tree ha no fruit on it this year. What can I do to save it as it appears to m to be dying

-- Victor Ervine

Reply to
Victor Ervine

First you should try and determine what is killing the tree. Perhaps a fungus, or some systemic problem. You could trim off the dead and weak branches leaving the single live one and hope the tree will recover. If it does, the existing root structure should push a lot of new growth next spring. If the tree was grafted and you suspect the rootstock as the problem, you can try grafting some scion twigs from the live branch onto a new rootstock. Dig around the base of the tree to check for rot or insect damage. You may take a leaf from one of the dead branches into your local extension office for analysis. I assume you gave it the normal care this year with watering with this unusually hot summer.

Sherw> I have a plum tree planted 3 years ago, this year almost all the leaves

Reply to
sherwindu