Concord Grapes and Purple leaf Plum Trees

Ok this might be a little long but please help if you can. I finally after 30 years have bought my first home with a large yard, I want to plant the following and want to know if it will work in these conditions, Location Far north Texas, Sherman area zone 7-9.

I want to grow some concord purple grapes for home canning and home use, is there a seedless variety and how many years before they have a yeild of any kind?

Second, ornamental plum trees (deep dark purple leaf trees) I was told years ago they are fruitless, however I have not only seen these trees bear fruit, the fruit was deliciuos, just where can I purchase these fruit trees, don't see them in any of the normal catalogs. And if they are available how long before the first harvest. The source for the ones I tried is not available at all so it's like a search into the unknown,

Any help would be appreciated

Rusty

Reply to
wawwiz

Yes, there is a seedless version of the Concord. I have not tried it but some reports indicate that it is inferior to the regular Concord. Regular Concord should begin bearing by the third year. You need to talk to your Agricultural extension agent to determine whether or not they will grow in your part of Texas.

The ornamental plums that I am familiar with are either fruitless or have small useless fruit.

farmerdill

it is a bit hot there for Concord. Are you prepared to spray it or otherwise divert the wasps that will suck your grapes dry - or rotten?

Reply to
simy1