Tropical Storm Passed By

A tropical storm went up the Atlantic coast this morning. We were on the fr inge of the storm but got several hours of steady rain. Probably better tha
n a sudden downpour, it gave the rain time to soak into the ground instead of just running off as would happen with a heavy rain.
Paul
On 2020-07-10 11:47, Pavel314 wrote:

Hi Paul,
Our annual rain fall here in Northern Nevada is SEVEN inches. Just out of curiosity, how many inches fell on you?
Any problem with your plants getting water logged?
-T
On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 7:50:09 PM UTC-4, T wrote:

e fringe of the storm but got several hours of steady rain. Probably better than a sudden downpour, it gave the rain time to soak into the ground inst ead of just running off as would happen with a heavy rain.

I had to look it up; we average 45 inches of rain per year and got about a third of an inch today. We don't have to worry about getting water logged a s our property is on a gentle slope down to a creek at the north end of the property, so unless we get a major downpour, the excess runs off.
Paul