transplant clippings not taking

Thank you!

Very Sneaky!!! If this attempt (#3) fails, I will try the potato trick.

Since no roots still, I pulled it out and cut is at a nice angle.

It seems to be loving the pampering! These guys have made slaves out of us. (Wait till he finds out what I am about to do with his children!)

depending upon what type of plant the roots may form at the nodes where the leaves came out from that you removed or there may be spots on the stem that can generate new roots, or even both...

if it is still alive that's all that counts. you won't likely see new roots right away, not many plants can restart them immediately but perhaps within a week or two there should be some signs.

again, this is dependent upon what type of plant. some are very easy and others are harder. mums are easy.

if you want to actually learn this sort of thing invest some time at the library and get some books on plant propagation.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I kept the bottles full for a month or two. Most recent bunch were Oregon cedar trees (hopefully). These were clipped winter before last. They appear to be growing nearly a foot this summer.

Hul

T wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

On 8/29/19 1:06 PM, Hul Tytus wrote:> I kept the bottles full for a month or two. Most recent bunch were > Oregon cedar trees (hopefully). These were clipped winter before last. > They appear to be growing nearly a foot this summer. > > Hul

My clipping is loving all the pampering and the leaves are very healthy. But no roots yet. Think it has been four weeks now. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

T wrote: ...

if it is still alive that's a good sign. patience...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Maybe you should be thinking of planting them next spring rather than next week? The roots on the cedars were thin - 1/32 to 1/16 inch thick. About an inch or two long finally. Gaging from my experience, you will eventually realize that the white fuzzy stuff around the clipping's base is roots.

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

There is some white stuff here and there. I though it was mold

sin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Question: should I change the water every so often in my clipping bottles ?

-T

T wrote: ...

i always just topped them off as needed and then when the roots started forming on the clippings i'd pot those up and then i'd clean out the bottle before starting the next round.

songbird

Reply to
songbird