Too late to plant potatoes in Minnesota?

I have some red potatoes in the pantry with long sprouts on them, and unplanted space in the garden where the hail killed everything. (BTW, some of the tomatoes and peppers survived.)

Reply to
zxcvbob

Plant them, they'll be fine. I'm just planting my seed spuds now, and we have a shorter season than you do.

Jan in Alaska

Reply to
Jan Flora

Any overabundance of green tomtatoes at the end of the season can be turned into green tomato relish :) amongst other foods, I imagine!

Reply to
gonzo

Bob

You should be just fine with almost any red variety. Long season spuds like Russet would be iffy.

Ross.

Reply to
rossr35253

The rain stopped for a few minutes and I *just* got them in the ground. :-)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob