Tomatoes: tobacco mosaic/early blight?

Hi,

Has anyone had their crops ravaged by either of these? It seems that I have one or the other. We gave some of the plants from the same source to a friend, who also has the same symptoms.

What steps should be taken to eradicate this?

Kurt

Reply to
kurtk

My first 2 thoughts are find another source of plants and put them in another location.

This site has good information.

here to locate your local Extension office.

The Cook

I spray my tomatoes once a week late in the evening with a good fungicide that also has bacteria disease fighting in it. I also add 1/2 aspirin per gal. of water. It works for me. I had a 2lb. 10 oz tom last year.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

It's safe for human consumption? What is the name of the product?

Reply to
Manelli Family

my tomatos got early blight, I sprayed them several times with copper. Did the trick.

rob

Reply to
George.com

I will have to go out to the shed and look. I got it at a Amish supply store. It only takes 1 1/2 oz per gal once a week to 10 days. The aspirin you can use any brand. I think you could use any fungicide like greenhouses use. What I use came in a 2 1/2 gal. can and I paid $70 but at 1 1/2 oz per gal I have a lifetime supply. I have let some of my master gardener friends have some of it also.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

Thanks. I'll see if I can find a safe fungicide for veggies. :^)

Reply to
Manelli Family