tomatoes and white flies

Hard to tell. You don't give any information about it, really.

I've grown tomatoes for years and never had a white-fly problem: this is outdoors though. Maybe they're a problem in greenhouses?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

I have a few on mine and the plant is very strong and healthy and producing fruit, so I just brush them off when I spot them and otherwise leave them be. They are on some other plants as well. I sort of see a few living things as a good sign that there is not a large skull and crossbones looming large over my yard ;-),

I don't use insecticides or anything other than some organics, and planted mine with basil this year. I just have a few, so if yours is covered you might be more concerned than if there are just a few here and there - beats the dreaded tomato worm!

Reply to
Slofolk

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Pat Meadows at snipped-for-privacy@meadows.pair.com wrote on 7/19/03 5:01 AM:

I also have white flies on tomatoes in a greenhouse. The do not seem to be much of a pest. What doe they purportedly do to tomatoes in a greenhouse?

Nevertheless, I did put up sticky traps. Fortunately, the get the white flies more often than they get my hair.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Decimal