Time release fertilizers

as bad as this one? half way down the page

George.com

Another alternative is to preemptively shave your head, which is OK, except, if you are a white guy, your head looks like a thumb.

Reply to
Billy

Or something...

Reply to
Steve

Ya shoor......I did that about ten years ago on a dare from the sons and that was a *really* uncomfortable experience. And *not* and attractive thing to behold......

Rained again, rain for several more.......

Charlie, trying to find time to watch some new movies and stuff....

Reply to
Charlie

Just as long as it is held up high. Very chinese with the top knot as a reminder. The opposite is hanging ones head down not too many things to be said about that are positive . Unless humility posture and subjection matters to one . Grieving a major exception and pulling weeds.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"Nuff said there, the better.

Reply to
Steve

except, if you had hair and then shaved it, it'd be a disaster if you decided to grow it back and ...........nothing

Elaine enters with her new boyfriend, Kurt.>

ELAINE: Hey! Look who's here! Hey Kurt, this is Jerry, and George, and Kramer.

JERRY: Is he from the future?

ELAINE: No, he just shaves his head. I think it's pretty gutsy.

GEORGE: Listen, sweetheart, let me tell you a little something about guts. This is guts.

ELAINE: What? Clinging to some scraps?

GEORGE: These are not "scraps." These are historic remains of a once great society of hair.

ELAINE (looking at Kurt's driver's licence photo): Hey, driver's licence. Oh...my God.

KURT: What?

ELAINE: Your hair. It's so thick and lustrous. I mean, it...it was.

KURT: Well, it still is. I shave my head for my swim team. I just liked the way it looked, so I kept it.

ELAINE: Are you saying that I could be dating this hair? With you under it?

ELAINE: Here. Take a look at that.

JERRY: Huh. Kurt's an organ donor.

ELAINE: No! He's not bald. Look! He's got a full head of hair.

JERRY: So he just shaves his head for no reason?

GEORGE: That's like using a wheelchair for the fun of it!

ELAINE: And he's growing it in just for me. (Happily) It's mine. It's all mine.

JERRY: It's just hair.

ELAINE: It's not just hair! Look!

Reply to
George.com

Nah. I was rude enough to stare, but asking him to pose would have been a bridge too far.

Reply to
FarmI

still worse.

Reply to
FarmI

:In article , : Tim wrote: : :> Billy wrote: :> > In article , :> > Tim wrote: :> > :> >> nanzi wrote: :> >>> On Apr 20, 10:12 am, Tim wrote: :> >>>> I grow everything in containers, and use Pro-Mix BX as the soil medium. :> >>>> Very happy with it. It drains so well, I worry that the water soluble :> >>>> fertilizer leeches out too quick. A garden expert whose podcast I listen :> >>>> to is an avid proponent of Osmakote, a time release :> >>>> fertilizer. :> >>>> Does anyone use a time release, and how do you think it works for you? :> >>>> Do you still give your plants extra feedings? :> >>>>

:> >>>> Tim :> >>>>

:> >>>> Pro-Mix

:> >>>> Osmakote

:> >> Tim :> >>

:> >> btw--Down boy, down....I figured I may get some grumbles from this, :> >> but I have to ask questions based on what I do... :> >> See Charlie, it sure didn't take me long!! P-) :> > :> > Yeah, it's all there in black and white for everyone to see. You don't :> > even know the name of the poison that you use, "Osmocote". That really :> > encourages the faint hope that you can use it wisely. There are just no :> > words to describe your brilliance. None at all. :> :> lol...Doesn't take much to get you riled, does it? :> Well, as long as you feel better. : :Riled? I haven't even dipped into my scatological references yet. :I just hope that this chemfert never sees topsoil. Granted you're not :distributing this witch's brew over 1000s of acres, but every bit of :remaining topsoil is precious. : :Humankind has not woven the web of life.  We are but one thread within :it.  Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.  All things are :bound together.  All things connect.  ~Chief Seattle, 1855

Well, I guess it's on your advice, but this year I think I'll not do what I've always done in the past which is to fertilize my veges with a solution made from 5-10-10 or similar. I got the method from a book:

Tomatoes, the Multiplant Method - Klein

Klein's method produces prodigious crops. He plants in rich soil but after golf ball sized tomatoes hang, he starts doing weekly dousings with the dissolved fertilizer to simulate hydroponic growing conditions. You (I think it was you, Billy) counseled that this is killing the soil. Well, I added enough compost this year that I think I'll get a fine crop with no additional fertilizer. I'll see how it goes.

Dan

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net

Reply to
Anonymous

Salt on a snail, chemferts on bacteria. I hope I am wrong. Otherwise, you are an idiot.

Reply to
Billy