Thai Pepper Plant

Hello,,

I was given a thai pepper plant by a friend. I've had it for about a month now and everything was going great. New peppers growing and leaves abondant. A couple of days ago, I notice that aphids started invading. So I looked it up online how to take care of this problem. I used the soap/water technique to try to cure the problem. Well the aphids came out more and I just wiped them away. Next morning maybe a couple had survived so I just squished the little buggers. Anyway later that day I notice when looking closely at the plant that leaves had started falling. They were not dead and still very green. I then touched another leaf and if popped right off. I thought w.t.f....so I touch another one and that one fell right off. The leaves are still green and not curling or anything. They look healthy and the peppers are still growing and turning red.

Can someone please help me and tell what is going on? Is my plant dying and if so can I save it? The soil is moist but not puddled. What can this be?

Jce

Reply to
jce3rd

Look more closely for spider mites. They very tiny and hard to see.

Reply to
D. Arlington

...and use a magnifying lens if you need to.

Reply to
phorbin

It maybe the infestation was/is coincidental to dormancy. How is your lighting/climate environment now?

Very similar happening with some Thai Chile I got late season and wanted to overwinter. Dormancy was setting in when I found a infestation in my light room. By the time I got it under control I lost my Habs and Serranos but the Thai are doing well . Plants look like war refugees, yet holding their own. Surprisingly the herbs did not fair bad. Lost a pot of Thai Basil and some cilantro but all in the room seems to be OK now. The bugs seem to prefer a little "salsa" kick.

So don't give up on them. Consider culling the fruit now and letting them go dormant unless you can mimic a warm tropical climate, practice safe gardening and watch for a reinfestation.

Reply to
gunner