surplus lettuce

Has anyone else had the same problem as me - i sent to what i though

was a reliable nusery owned by a lady called Nicky! for some Astilb Astary seeds - i have spent weeks germinating them and potting them o ended up with 285 at a rough count only they turned out to b lettuces!!!!!!!! All i ended up with was my money back and not even a apology

-- suemack

Reply to
suemack

Sell it at the local farmers market.

I'd practically kill for organically local grown lettuces...

Reply to
Omelet

Thanks for suggestion but was so cross yesterday i pulled them all ou and binned them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- suemack

Reply to
suemack

What a waste. :-(

You might consider making Lemonade when life hands you lemons...

Reply to
Omelet

or pot them up in punnets & give away to neighbours & workmates.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Or contribute to food banks that provide much-needed fresh food to low-income families.

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone

Our local food bank/ministerial alliance started this very thing two years ago. It is a great way to distribute garden produce to those who need it most, on an anonymous basis, which I like.

They call it something like, Plant an Extra Row, or sumpthin' like that.

People need to also look no further than their own neighborhoods. Every year we take produce to several of the elderly folks who live close. So often we get comments like, it has been years since we had actual garden produce and we miss gardening so much.

Good on ya' for encouraging others to do this.

Peace Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Oh :-(

I hope it was the compost bin!

I've been very pleased with Nicky's seeds but have had problems with some of the big suppliers.

I've also made mistakes in orders I've sent to customers (not horticultural). Nobody's perfect.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm sure we have all made mistakes but usually if i do at least apologise for it !- i also wanted to know if when first germinated ar buddleja seeds very tiny (as in nemesia)? I don't want to spend age pricking these out if they are something else. It was suggested it wa my compost but as i have successfully germinated approx. 2000 seed this year i don't think that is the answer. I have found anothe supplier now recommended by one of the garden magazines.

In answer to other worthy members i have saved half of my lettuces an am continuing with them and will give them to the first school/churc fair that comes along! (I didn't put all of them in the compost bin!) will give them to whoever wants them along with a surplus of purpl sprouting broccolli and watercress

-- suemack

Reply to
suemack

How do you grow Cress please?