Starting a herb garden

Hello from down under. I am a new member and would like to start a herb garden that has the common herbs, like basil, chives, thyme, mint, parsley, rosemary, bay tree. But I would like to include other herbs for health and well being. I have read their are alchemy gardens. But when I goggle this I cannot find a list. Any suggestions. Regards. Livy

Reply to
Livy

IMO, one of the best Herbalist around posts here periodically Henriette's Herbal Homepage:

check out her culinary and medicinal FAQs

Reply to
gunner

So what part of Oz?

I am a new member and would like to start a herb

I think you must mean "Apothecary Gardens". Alchemists where forerunners to metallurgists whereas Apothecarys were forrunners to what we Ockers would call chemists these days.

google has heaps of hits on apothecary gardens and if you read Ellis Peters' "Brother Cadfael" books you'll learn a lot about what sort of plants filled and Apothecary's garden.

You do know that there is an Australian gardening ng? It's called aus.gardens

Reply to
FarmI