spaghetti squash questions

Hi All,
Is there anything wrong with this guy (weird color) or is he just not ripe yet?
https://ibb.co/m7UBYK
And when do you harvest them? When they are yellow like in the store?
And I noticed that as they turn yellow, they start to get green speckles. Does this mean they are ready?
https://ibb.co/dgAULz
Noticed the same green speckles on my Golden Zukes, and they are quite ready when this happens.
Many thanks, -T
T wrote:

you may have an odd seed/plant in the mix from any package of seeds. so if this one plant is consistently different from the others that is likely what has happened. otherwise it may be that it will take a bit longer to ripen. but those are a basic summer squash anyways so i'd say you could eat them any time you like.

if that's the variety you have... ;)

looks good to me. i think how they taste to you is the most important thing. so pick 'em and try them and if you need to write down notes so you know next time when you like them the best.
we've only grown spaghetti squash here once and i don't recall them taking too much time to go from big enough to ready (as it's a summer squash i consider them edible from quite small sizes).
songbird
On 08/17/2018 02:10 PM, songbird wrote:

Pick I will!
I have my own Primal tomato sauce I make from scratch. And, now I am getting hungry!
Thank you!