should i cover my raised garden boxes?

as some of u know im from southwestern ontario. zone 5b.

i did finally manage to get two 4 by 8 raised garden boxes built but never got them planted until later in the year. the thing i am wondering now though is what to do with them for the winter. some people have said i should tarp them, others have said just leave them. so my question is should i cover my raised garden boxes as i do not have a lot of leaves that i can gather up to cover them :( or should i just leave them as they are? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :). cyaaaaa, sockiescat:)

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Cover them or not but if you want soil for organic gardening, feed it mulch and/or compost. If you are going to be doing chemical gardening, then it doesn't matter.

Reply to
Billy