Photos of my ranunculi garden

Hi,

Please goto alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I posted a few photos of my ranunculi garden. They look great and I hope one day to fill my garden with them 100%.

I tried growing some from seed but I think i buried them too deep.

Reply to
Wylie Wilde

Wylie Wilde Hi,

Please goto alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I posted a few photos of my ranunculi garden. They look great and hope one day to fill my garden with them 100%.

I tried growing some from seed but I think i buried them too deep.

im sorry wylie i couldnt get to see your gardens i tried copying an pasting the addy u put here but no luck :(. i would really love to se your gardens do u have another link of sorts that might work. thank sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Hello sockiescat.

The alt.binaries.pictures.gardens is available in the news section of Outlook Express.

But since you asked so nicely I posted them up on

you have further problems viewing them- just post them here.

Reply to
Wylie Wilde

Wylie Wilde Hello sockiescat.

The alt.binaries.pictures.gardens is available in the news section of Outlook Express.

But since you asked so nicely I posted them up on

you have further problems viewing them- just post them here.

hi Wylie Wilde. thank you so much for posting your pics so that i could see them i don use outlook express so no wonder i couldnt find how to view them lol. your rununculi garden is beautiful i just love all the colours they ar great it looks like your garden covers a good sized area. what a beautifu way to enhance a slope :) . i also like the pic of the car that u have there it looks like a grea car. thanks again for being so kind as to share. : sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

] ] Wylie Wilde Hello sockiescat. ] ] The alt.binaries.pictures.gardens is available in the news section of ] Outlook Express. ] ] But since you asked so nicely I posted them up on ]

] If you have further problems viewing them- just post them here. ] ] ] hi Wylie Wilde. ] thank you so much for posting your pics so that i could see them i dont ] use outlook express so no wonder i couldnt find how to view them lol. ] your rununculi garden is beautiful i just love all the colours they are ] great ] it looks like your garden covers a good sized area. what a beautiful ] way to enhance a slope :) . ] i also like the pic of the car that u have there it looks like a great ] car. thanks again for being so kind as to share. :) ] sockiescat. ]

I like the KG a lot too. That wouldn't be enough to prompt a reply, but... Just like to point out that many news servers -- e.g. the one I use at new.individual.net -- don't carry the binary feeds. This is for obvious reasons related to child abuse. So posting pictures to binary groups may limit distribution quite a bit. Why not just use one of the many sites that allow picture posting?

On a related note not everyone uses outlook or outlook express. There are better options. I for one like sylpheed as a news reader, which is also available for windows if your circumstances force you to use it. :)

-E

Reply to
Emery Davis

Hello Emery,

glad you like the Karmen Ghia- I should point out that its not mine- sadly :( I saw it at a carshow. One other thing- which other newssite allows you to post pictures?

I know you can post pictures here on rec.gardens- but i don't want to be flamed!

Reply to
Wylie Wilde

Hello sockiescat,

You're welcome. I found that ranunculies love well drained soil- so planting them on a slope makes an excellent idea. I've been growing ranunculies in my garden ever since 1999. They are a lot of work- but the effort is well-rewarded. I got the idea after watching a computer game video clip from Final Fantasy8 where they featured similar flowers. its my dream to one day cover my entire garden- including the boring grass strip with ranunculies.

Reply to
Wylie Wilde

Reply to
presley

Sorry to hear it. :) But we must have dreams... Oddly enough my wife hates KGs, so it's unlikely I'll ever have one. :(

] One other thing- which other newssite allows you to post pictures? ]

I don't off hand as I have no need of that service, but googling for "free picture post" turns up a bunch including the flickr site used in this thread.

] I know you can post pictures here on rec.gardens- but i don't want to be ] flamed!

Fair enough, but actually many (myself included) couldn't see them even if you did attach them to a r.g post. My server strips off any binary attachment.

-E

Reply to
Emery Davis

h ello presley,

I sometimes lift the ranunculus out of the ground but it is a FAIR amount of work!!!! It takes quite a lot of organizing and planning of the flower beds too.

OK, I'll tell you how I do it.

First off- try and buy the ranunculus corms? tubers in late Spring/early Summer- when the shops are having massive discounts on the Winter/Spring bulbs and tubers.

I try and buy packs where they sell 80 or 100 small ranunculus corms for US$3. Or US$3 for a more mature pack of 20 -30.

Over here in Melbourne, I plant them in autumn.

I have heard that some people try and stick them in the fridge with the vegetables (2 to 5C) for a few days to simulate Winter conditions- then when you plant them - they think its the start of Spring and you get a nice Winter bloom. (Our Autumns tend to be warm 10- 20C).

We don't have much frost here in Melbourne- not in my area anyhow. Its quite rare for our Winter to get below zero... except for our mountains and coastal regions. Surburbs and Melbourne city is usually about 5C but we get a lot of cold wind which makes it feel like the Antartic.

Fertilizers... best ones to use would be the seaweed spray stuff- or the black yucky seaweed mix that you can pour into a watering can and water them. Ranunculus seem to love the stuff.

You should cut the flowers regularly- for display in your homes- apparently one good corm can produce twenty flowers in on season.

If I can- I lift the ranunculus in Summer when they finish flowering and to allow the seeds to dry on the stalks.

But owing to the need for tidiness - and good gracious the roses and dahlias need attention in Summer/late Spring- I cut back the raunculus or pull them out

Why. If I don't- many of them will get wet in the ground when I water the dahlias and roses - and rot.

I keep the uprooted combs in a dry place- minus the dried out stalks of course. Then plant them again + reinforcements from the nursery shop next Winter.

Cheers!

WW

P.S. This year I'm leaving the ranunculus in the ground cos I'm working overseas and my mother is now running my - scratch that- her garden and claims to know more than me and so is running things HER WAY... or rather THE ONLY WAY.

Reply to
Wylie Wilde

Hi there Presley,

Just another 2nd quick note.

Our Autumn here is in April and May too! And that's the season I plant the raunculies into the ground over here!

To aid in planting- do it en mass- and not individually. So ie you rake and dig up the sections of garden- remember they only need about 10 cm of (loose) soil. Then you sit the ranunculus corms - legs down into the ground. When you finish - cover it up again with the top soil and mulch.

Its a good way to also clean up your garden a bit and remove all the dead Summer leaves and growth.

ANother way is to dig trenches and plant them- but the 1st suggestion is better.

Because the ranunculus look great - en-masse. Prepare the best spots for them: sunny (East facing)- slope or well elevated or drained sections of the garden to plant them. I used to plant my ranunculus out in the backyard- but hardly anyone- even me- saw them.

So now I plant them right in the front. And only in two sections.

Cheers,

YM

Reply to
Wylie Wilde