Rhubarb :(

I bought a rhubarb root with shoots from a nursery. I planted it and nothing! I know it should have broke ground by now. What did I do wrong?

Reply to
nutNhoney

Plant it too deep? Crown should only be 1 inch below the surface. Ross, Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b

43º19' North 80º16' West
Reply to
Ross Reid

That's what I'm thinking too. Perhaps nutNhoney could take the garden hose and wash away soil from over the roots until the shoots start too appear. If they are still alive, exposure to the sun should get them growing. Either that or dig them up again and see what's going on.

Steve

Reply to
Steve