Re: Basil flowering

When last we left our heros, on Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:17 GMT, "Lorenzo L. Love" scribbled:

Joanne wrote: >> I have thought about growing Jingle Bell peppers. Do they taste good? >> How small are they? How small is the plant? >If you like green bell peppers, they're not for you. A little bitter >when green. But let them get fully red and they're delicious! And they >riped to red much faster then standard sized bells.

Hmmm, I found them to be rather tasteless and not worth the trouble. And yes, I did let them ripen. It seems to me that there are better choices for small, early and/or prolific sweet peppers. I grew mine in hanging baskets, and they were hardy plants that produced a lot of peppers, I just didn't find the taste to be worth the trouble.

Pam, who picked 5 ripe Pimento De Chiero peppers yesterday. They're hot, but really have good flavor, compliment bean dishes nicely.

Reply to
Pam Rudd