Rain

Watching the 5 pm news today and the local station ran a runner along the bottom of the screen. 240 billion gallons of rain fell on Houston area these last several days.

To bad we couldn't send some to California and other drought states.

Reply to
George Shirley

I remember being stationed in San Antonio. One thunderstorm dumped twice a much rain as we get in Nevada all year long. I also remember you could watch then moving toward you. The wife and I use to time going to get the mail and get back just in time!

The PRC (People's Republic of California) in schedules to get some more dribbles on Friday. If there is enough power left in the storm, maybe it will overcome the "rain shadow effect" and make it over the Sierras.

Which, of course, means M-O-R-E W-E-E-D-S! YIPPEE!

With all the rain we've had we have dandelions and several other weeds popping up all over the lawn. Wife will get them out as she doesn't like weeds.

The figs are getting bigger every day as are the pears. The last year's sweet chile is producing again and is covered with fruit. Took a look at this year's chillies and they are already bearing medium size fruit. The herb garden is gorgeous what with all the rain. We don't plant basil, we let it seed and there's about six square feet of basil up and growing.

We're thankful for the free water (water in Houston area is expensive) but are also happy it ain't raining right now.

News last night says six people drowned and there may be more in drowned cars. I'm just an old country boy but I'm at least smart enough not to drive off into an underpass full of water.

Reply to
George Shirley

southern CA could certainly use some more!

you might be getting some more shortly... :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird

0920 CT, it is raining heavily again. Time to build the ark.
Reply to
George Shirley