Peaches problem

My peach tree, I just noticed, has clear hard oozing sap coming from the peaches. Lots of them. Not a good crop this year. What is this, and what do I do?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hope it is not peach borer.

Bill we have them about

Reply to
Bill who putters

LOL that is just beautiful!

Reply to
Zootal

Oh, goody! Now there's no need for newsgroups. And all the people who answer a question with a lame weak retort that has nothing to offer in the way of help.

I hope it's not cancer, herpes, halitosis, gangrene, syphilis, or pink eye.

BTW, I did google peach borer, and all I got was pictures of larva, and nothing that looks like my problem. Google is useful. Plain answers from real live people are nice, too. BTW, in my Peach Borer search were included peach cobbler, Miss Peach Pageant, Little Miss Peach Pageant, Junior Little Miss Peach Pageant, Gay Peach Pageant, well, you get the idea.

Give some useful information. Sheesh.

Reply to
SteveB

Nothing mean here . Why not mention you googled Peach Borer up front?

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

"Bill who putters" wrote

Why didn't you just say you knew nothing about the question being asked?

Reply to
SteveB

Steve,

Some of the pests that can cause this kind of oozing from the peaches are Oriental Fruit moths or plant bugs and stink bugs.

You should see some kind of debris at the site from the insect boring in. If this is your problem, clean up all damaged fruit and find a way to kill the bugs.

Check this web site for more details:

By far, the most common problem of this type with peaches is not the fruit, but the trunk and branches having a problem of Gummosis.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwin dubren

We tried to grow peaches here. The black 5/8 moths Peach borers made it impossible. I guess this due to peach and apple commercial orchards within 6 miles. This 35 years ago. For some reason I think you will not show up on my machine.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

I can't wait not to get any help!

Reply to
SteveB

OK, now if you 2 roosters would stop circling. Both of you seem to be on the side of the angels, the true, the good, and the beautiful. The response, in error, was made against one of the lowest forms of degradation, which, justifiably, should illicit a strong response. Gentlemen, it was a fair misunderstanding, apologies made, no harm done. Let's move on.

Reply to
Billy

Boy! You must really be sore about that reply of mine to you the other day to call THAT a "fair misunderstanding." Hm! I guess if anyone around here should get an apology, it's YOU from me.

But, okay, moving right along . . .

I come to discover as of today that the terraces we dug into the hillside below the garden for squashes and cucumbers are NOT going to work without a much greater depth of soil. The sun beats down on them mercilessly, so that no matter how often I water them, the leaves still wilt miserably beneath that sun. We arrive at the conclusion that with such rocky soil so close to the surface, the heat retention from that stony ground is just cooking those poor plants to death, and evaporating the water nearly so soon as we put it in. Next spring we'll provide a much greater depth of soil, see how that works.

Where or where is a good, friendly, talkative Inca peasant farmer from Machu Pichu when you need one? Maybe we should try Twitter/Peru?

-- JM

Reply to
Just Me

At the risk of being accused of telling you what to do, if you look in a halfway decent ditionary you will find that "Correct" is quite OK in the context in which it was used.

Yeah. OTT and vengeful.

Reply to
FarmI

I'm all for that. Does anyone have any answers as to what's up with my peaches?

Reply to
SteveB

"I don't mind the sun sometimes The images it shows I can taste you on my lips And smell you in my clothes Cinnamon and sugary And softly spoken lies You never know just how you look Through other people's eyes Some will die in hot pursuit In fiery auto crashes Some will die in hot pursuit While sifting through my ashes Some will fall in love with life And drink it from a fountain That is pouring like an avalanche Coming down the mountain"

Reply to
Piet de Arcilla

Given that I, like Charlie, thought that your diatribe revealed your character, of course I realise that posting was futile.

However since you were also unfair, you needed to be told.

You are, as I said before OTT and vengeful.

And just plain nasty.

Reply to
FarmI

Try reading this . . .

DRIP DEAD.

Reply to
Just Me

Try reading this . . .

DRIP DEAD.

~~~~~~~~~

TEW FUNNEE!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Reply to
brooklyn1

You still stand by your assessment of which side I am upon and which side our new buddy stands, after reading his replies?

You still lumping me in the same righteous category as that SW MO piece of shit that garnered the attention, and admiration of shel, and that RB who declared shel to be his SOUL BUDDY?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Having done a quick perusal of his web site he doesn't, at first blush, seem at odds with the good the true and the beautiful, but I must concur that he seems rash, inflexible, and given to poor choices. All I was trying to do is point out that the world is a stage and in our turn, we all get to play the sage and the dolt, and the friend and the scoundrel. To err is human, to forgive is divine, to break is to buy.

As far as I know he is new here, and I would give him the benefit of the doubt for awhile, as I tried to do with Shelly, earlier this year.

This will sort itself out in time. Peace. (Ya know, this is what old guys are supposed to do;o)

Reply to
Billy

Now I don't need to think about it, now I know. OTT, vengeful, nasty AND loonie.

And you keep on giving us an insight into your character. Keep it up, as it's quite a spectacle.

Reply to
FarmI