Oriental Greens or perennial food plant

Grow any ?

I have a few of offerings below as I like perennial food.

Bill sort of a grazer myself

Billy and his post on more plants in daily diet got me here.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Which of those is perennial? The brassicas types are all annuals. The alliums will self seed or grow from bulblets etc but each generation only lasts a year or less.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Don't forget to buy locally ;O)

I think you missed a bit along the fence Bill.

Actually, I think I stole this from you :O))

Billy

Dang, busted.

OK, Bill, empty the plastic wading pool. I'll get the umbrellas. I told you we should have stuck with the bamboo. Sure was lookin' forward to the garlic chives though.

Reply to
Billy

Ah the wading pool I miss it. Still my mints come back as the rosemary and a few others like sage, Got some Egyptian onions that winter over too. Day lilies abound also. My idea of perennial food is not only like the mint but more like the seed that continues on in time. Yea not a perennial but perennial in a way.

Perhaps poor word choice.

Bill whose garlic chives are up and about with a lot of non edible perennials who I wonder about. Oak acorns are every where but the prep to remove the hazard eludes me still I wonder about if squirrels and early americans and pigs why not?

Funny looks like my inlaws.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Borrow from your friendly library: "Oak, framework of society." You'll be amazed by how many civilizations used acorns as their major food.

Gary Woods

It's a good concept. Maybe they could be called successionals. The trouble is that word has already been claimed by ecologists and means something different.

David Hare-Scott