New to Herb Growing

Hi everyone, Just found this newsgroup.. because I am growing herbs for the first time. Got the chia herb gardening kit for Christmas (I can hear the snickers already lol), and am growing them on my desk. The parsley has petered out. Dunno what I did wrong there. Followed the directions, and the chives are coming along slowly but surely, the marjoram and basil are the only two (out of four) that are doing great. My question is.. when and how do I transplant them outdoors. I'm in Dallas and I have never tried to grow anything before. Hubby and I have been thinking about starting a veggie garden this year. He grew a few tomatoes last year that did pretty well.. but again, we know nothing. All he did was water them, and discovered he needs to come up with a way to keep birds (crows maybe) from eating them this year. So please.. any and ALL advice appreciated. the peanuts dot com email isn't legit, of course.. but if you want to email me, I'd be happy to give my email to anyone who requests it here.. in lieu of that, I will read this newsgroup twice a day with my others. Seriously.. we need advice on everything from how to keep pests away, when to plant what (in Dallas), just everything. Have a great day.. and thanks to everyone in advance for any and all advice for first time gardening, esp with herbs and veggies. lucy

Reply to
lucy

Try the culinary herbfaq:

'll get around to posting it soonish, too.

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

look at this site:

jf

Reply to
jfrost

Hi jfrost, I just saved it to my favorites.. thank you so much for that site! lucy

Reply to
lucy