My chestnut trees

Other tree is behind big tree.

After planting the other tree I discovered it was maybe a foot or so in neighbors yard which is completely overgrown.

This picture is other end of yard where trees fell in 2015 between neighbor and my yards and we had to have removed:

Don't know if I mentioned it in this group but that neighbor had a tree fall on his house and wife in their yard this January. House needed new roof and wife has metal rods in both legs that were badly broken. She still walks with a limp but is expected to fully recover.

Reply to
Frank

I saw that on the second picture. Didn't realize Chinese chestnuts were such small trees. I was thinking huge trees like hickory, etc.

Reply to
George Shirley

I don't consider it small. Not sure how big it is. Wiki says they grow to 20 m. Offhand, I'd guess that is about the height of mine. Wiki says the American chestnut grows to 30 m.

Reply to
Frank