More stuff

Picked a peck of peppers this morning, again. We've been getting so much rain that the gardens are over flowing.

I'm amazed at how fast the black crowder peas are growing and setting pea pods. Cukes are also going crazy and the squash is doing well too. Picked a nice tomato last evening, will eat it at lunch. It's a large plum type, don't remember the name.

Unfortunately the grass is also growing so we're mowing about every fourth day. Have to keep up with the standards of the HOA you know.

Weather channel says we may be in for more flooding this weekend. Just what Houston needs, doesn't really bother us as we are on higher ground than foggy bottom. We're just happy to see the rain fall. Then we have to go out and add more composted cow manure to the raised beds. We have actual seen a couple of REAL earthworms in one of the beds and some more in the fence line plantings. Maybe the worm pod we put in there a couple of years ago really did work.

As usual with this much rain the figs and pears are growing quickly. Turns out that the Tennousi pear tree we have produces russet pears, at least that's what the young ones look like. We've not eaten one yet but have high hopes. I'm running out of pear jelly from our Louisiana days.

George

Reply to
George Shirley