lemon cucumbers: sudden death syndrome

Hi All,

I grew a lemon cucumber last year. It suddenly died. Went from healthy to wilted overnight.

This year I got three lemon cucumbers on close out sale. Same thing happened to one of the three. Died overnight. The other two are healthy.

Hmmmmm.

-T

check the roots and stem for damage but otherwise it could be vascular collapse or a fungal disease plugging the pipes (i.e. it was likely in the plant when you bought it).

hard to say for sure in all cases.

make sure the plants have plenty of water. compost remains and move on.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

You may have something there. The ones I use to grow from seeds never did that.

The second one went from completely healthy to completely dead overnight. Got one more to go.

:'(

On the bright side, I am getting some zucchini!