Keeping ladybugs in garden

Is there a way to keep my lady bugs in the garden after they eat all the aphids? Can they eat pollen? if so, what kind? What other pests do they eat besides aphids. Can i make a house for them to stay in? I really need help, i'm an newbie at gardening.

Reply to
BenGman

in my location (Michigan) aphids develop only during that time when the ladybugs are already in the garage and the aphids still outside (late october). Otherwise they clean up. Flowers are plentiful around here, so they can find some alternate source of food once they finish the aphids. I make a point of scraping thousands of ladybugs off the garage windows every april after hibernation and releasing them outside. it sure works.

Reply to
simy1

So that is why I had ladybugs everywhere in my garage and my screen i

porch this year. I kept taking them outside and putting them in th garden. :)

simy1 Wrote:

-- Maryc

Reply to
Maryc