How to check health of your garden

hahah! passed along... :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird

  I look at the diversity of insect life and the health of my plants , and I'm pretty sure my soil is healthy . Lots of worms , spiders , crickets , stuff - I use no insecticide chemicals , and it's made a difference . It's all interdependent , if one piece is broke none of it works right .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Terry Coombs wrote: ...

if you have diversity then one piece can be broken and others will take up the gap until the piece can recover.

but it is a dynamic system, things can change all the time. like a few years ago i was picking Japanese beetles off wild grape vines because there were so many of them and i didn't want them to get on the beans. this year and last year it wasn't so bad. etc...

songbird

Reply to
songbird