How low to trim lettuce

My leaf lettuce is really taking off now - had the first salad tonight

- really nice. When cutting leaves off - how low down do you trim them

- I used sharp scissors. IIRC they do come back.

Any suggestions on cutting lettuce?

Reply to
butch burton

You must have planted late or be far north. A couple inches up is where I cut. Usually I found it simpler to plant them close and thin them, taking roots and all, and letting the others get larger. Be prepared for bitter flavor and bolting soon. Once it starts the stalk, pull it. It won't get better after that.

Reply to
Harry Chickpea