How I am planning my summer.

How was last years harvest, and what are you planting this year?

> Anything new? Any changes to your garden?

Last years harvest was horrible. I neglected my garden and plants because of my retirement and working extra hours training my replacement. This year I want to make the yard look better. Nothing extra in terms of plants.

I am going to rip up all plastic border materials and toss them into trash. I will go with natural borders using a half moon spade. I got a book on making ones own concrete garden ornaments and hypertufas. My intentions is making my own custom made patio blocks for pathways ( this is an experiment and short lived since money is tight this year ).

Next month Bessy will have her calf and I will learn all about making my own cheese, yogurt and ice cream. Cheese making equipment is not cheap, I hope it is not a wallet breaker. The way food prices are now with high gas prices, I may be in good shape for the coming years.

I will continue my personal studies on mathematics and get some books on computer modeling techniques. This is how I am planning my summer.

Reply to
Nad R

Go online to

. It's mostly winemaking, but they do have a cheesemaking group with some knowledgeable people there.

Reply to
Steve Peek

actually it's

Steve Peek

How big is your gardening area? It's all raised beds, right?

Wow, is that the same as a Crescent Moon Spade? Is this for gardening or varmints?

Is that "Creative Concrete Ornaments for the Garden: Making Pots, Planters, Birdbaths, Sculpture & More by Sherrie Warner Hunter"?

What? Is that because it is stainless steel or porcelain? What do you do if Bessy's baby is a bull? Any pot roasts in your future?

What branch of mathematics?

Don't forget to go swimin', and smell the roses.

"I guess a good gardener always starts as a good weeder." - Amos Pettingill, clergyman, 1780 - 1830

Reply to
Billy

Three areas for veggies, the fenced in area is about 50x50 feet for canning, there are no raised beds here good soil. Another area is about

150x75 feet unfenced for corn and extra canning foods, six 4x24 raised beds in this area. Soil is mostly clay and in bad shape here but getting better. A kitchen garden box close to my back deck is about 4x12 feet is the salad garden box. In the back fields about two acres of dent corn and three apple trees.

For gardening to create natural boards between the flower beds and the lawn. unless I am missing something here about varmints? It is a half circle cutting/trench tool for landscaping.

Yep that is the book. Do have that book also? I have not yet made anything from it yet. Does the formulas work? I wonder if the concrete holds up during the cold winters? I wonder if I would be wasting my time and money on this.

I am lost here?

Then it would become a steer.

I am too fat and ugly to be seen in bathing suit and I hate roses :)

Reply to
Nad R

Then it would become a steer.

Hey, everybody has to look like something. My old Tae Kwon Do instructor looked like a bowling ball, and could do one arm cartwheels. Intercourse them, if they can't take a joke ;O))

Reply to
Wildbilly un-binned

Reply to
Nad R