How do you attach the covering on a cloche?

I use a cloche on my raised garden but have not found a satisfactory way to hold the plastic covering in place particularly when there is high wind. I read an article at

but the author just suggests rolling the covering onto 2 x 4's. Thanks, Johnny

Reply to
Johnny

Territorial Seed sells little clips that hold the visqueen to the PVC hoops. They work well, even in windy places.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

What are your cloche supports, and what is the covering?

If you are using pvc-type tubular hoops, you can make "clips" out of a larger pvc size; the best would be to go larger than you think you need, and use a thin layer of ?felt/fabric to permit the "clamp" to squeeze your cloche material without the potential for rubbing holes in it. The clamp is a short length of material slit down one side, maybe a couple inches in length. It might even be possible to use clothespins (spring-type) if the pvc is small enough..

I use a heavy duty wire for supporting plastic and re-inforced floating row cover. Each "leg" has a small loop in it that when the support is in the ground, ends up at ground level. I run a string through these loops, crossing over each loop/support from one side to the other. This keeps a good tension on the material, but also lets me slide the material up on warm days (plastic) or to check on plants,weeds, etc for the row cover.

Not an original idea, I learned this from Eliot Coleman - great resource for gardening in all seasons.

Cheers!

Reply to
gonzo