Growing Tobacco

Hello Everyone.

I'am wondering if anyone has any experience growing tobacco here in our Newfoundland climate. For those that do, I would like to know where to get the seeds for it, and also where should I grow it ? I heard that it was like growing corn, but I don't know if that is true or not. I'am getting a greenhouse soon from Kent's, and also I have allot of Topsoil and Peat Moss and Composted Cow Manure and plenty of lime. Should I grow it in the greenhouse or out in one of my gardens ? If someone could supply me with some details on growing it, and what soil and stuff to use, and whether I use lime or not, and so on, it would be very much appreciated.

So anyone with experience regarding this, please respond to this post. I'am very grateful.

Thanks to all,

Justin Harding.

Reply to
Justin Harding

Blues Ma

And after you grow it, you are going to cure it properly in the barn you will build for the purpose? Is it worth the effort?

Reply to
Stan Goodman

he can cure it in an oven if the quantity is not large or under the sun he does not have to build a barn. if he has enough of that.

Reply to
Nick Apostolakis

got the sentences mixed. it sould be :

he can cure it in an oven if the quantity is not large or under the sun. if he has enough of that. he does not have to build a barn.

Reply to
Nick Apostolakis