Fall Planting

I would like to start a vegetable garden soon. What types of veggies would be appropriate to use? I live in Tucson, AZ. So far, the only thing that I have had good luck growing are Serrano Chilies. My tomatoes weren't even the size of a golf ball. Have some green peppers that are finally starting to grow, but they too are very small. My Japanese Eggplant has only grown a few pieces as well. So far I'm beginning to think that I just don't have a green thumb.....

Reply to
Aria

I am growing beets, carrots, rutabags, cabbage and cauliflower here in my garden in Tucson. Last year I had very good luck with the carrots beets, spinach and cauliflower. Tomatoes seem to be a problem because of the high heat. I have had the best luck over the last several years with celebrity. Just as a note this summer I had a bumber crop of patty pan squash, honeydew melons and cantalope.

This year I went to Home Depot and bought a drip system and it seemed to help a lot. I used a low pressure spray system before and because of the rapid evaporation had a lot of problems getting a good even wetting.

Saul

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.teuton.org Remove nospam for valid address Do not send messages to the MSN.com address as they will be ignored

Reply to
nospamsaulj4

Did you start from seeds or small plants??? Thanks for your response.

Reply to
Aria

I only buy tomato and pepper plants, everything else is seeds planted directly into the soil.