eating wildflowers?

When I was surfing the Internet I came across a unusual topic about cooking. It was about preparing dishes with use of wild flowers from our gardens that many people think as weeds. Of course, not all of them are tasty and safe; however, many of them are edible so we should be more aware of what we are dropping out! Look what kinds of plants I found edible: sweet violet (both flower and leaves), carnelian (leaves) and also dandelion! Have you ever eaten some of them? Or maybe you know others that may be edible?

Reply to
Maya74

I like reading this old book: Stalking The Wild Asparagus [Euell Gibbons]' Would give you a good feel for this.

Reply to
Frank

I used to teach a one day course on edibles. My main emphasis was on mushro oms, but one portion I called eat your weeds. Lots of edibles come up in my gard en every year. I really enjoy lamb's quarter, both raw and sautéed. It 's very like spinach. Wild amaranth (red root pigweed) is a tasty green as well as producing edible seeds. Then there's purslane, dandelion, garlic mu stard etc.... Do a little research, there's lots out there. Steve

Reply to
peek0703