Edible flowers?

Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to! It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat" :D Have you ever tried them?

Reply to
Maya74

Squash blossoms , lightly battered and deep fried .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I haven't cooked with flowers, but I once made a batch of mead flavored with the petals of white roses. It turned out very well.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Chive flowers, soft cheese of some sort, bread or cracker.

Nasturtium flowers, same, or just drop in a salad.

Check flowers carefully for passengers.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Dandelion flowers improve the average stew.

Hul

Maya74 wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

some daylily flowers are edible. tasted a bit like pepper but otherwise ok.

songbird

Reply to
songbird