Drip irrigation

Some here may recall I was building a drip system for the garden last year . It worked out well except for one problem - silt . It was clogging my emitters , making it necessary to clear them frequently . This year I have implemented a solution that looks very promising to keep that silt out of the distribution system . I have built a "cyclone" separator (got the idea from cabinet shop dust collector) out of a 55 gallon plastic drum . The inlet is at the top with a tee (elbow would be better but I have none) with one side blocked off . This makes the water swirl as it enters the drum . The outlet is about 1/4 the way up from the bottom with a stub tube on it so it draws from the center of the drum. The idea is that the silt is heavier than the water , and will move to the outside as it falls to the bottom . So far it seems to be working , time will tell how effective this will be .

Reply to
Snag