Down Under getting a new meaning Note the scale

I Come From A Land Down Under 3:46 Men At Work

Reply to
Bill who putters

My sympathies go to both nationalities affected by the current flooding.

A very rough estimate taken from both links above:

It would appear that we have approx 3 times the land area under water, it would also appear we have slightly less people affected by the flood waters ours 200,000 theirs up to 20 million. I know where I prefer to live.

Mike

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub

by my reconing as i was thee in 1991 the rocky flood has not as yet peaked above the 1991 flood likethey have been saying, and as for the others then i would have my doubts to the accuracy of the reporting, as always the major impact is that they allow housing develpments to take place on flood plains and reclaimed swamps and this pushes the flood water into new area (never been flooded) so they are equation this to extra flood height event.

some furphies going on me thinks.

look for the reacti>033.html>

Reply to
gardenlen

You know it is bad when you see things like this.

Reply to
Bill who putters